- Sequence control of 8 LEDs through
- Control of 2 relays
- Operating a 7-segment display
- Switch state input through 8255
- SID/SOD Operation
unit has been designed to train the students to handle basic
input-output operations of the 8085 microprocessor through
8255 ports. The power supply, drivers and other hardware are
prewired resulting in a greater reliability of operation.
The students are expected to enter a few suggested programs
and also to develop their own programs for a variety of input-output
operations, which include :
- Light the 8 LEDs in a cycle,
in binary sequence, as a bar graph display etc.
- Operate the 2 relays with software
- Operate the 7-segment display through
- Sense the state of the 4-switches as
input and send out suitable signals to various output devices.
- Study of SID/SOD
The system comprises of a main unit and
a µp kit, connected through a flat cable. The main unit
houses all the I/O devices, viz. LED’s, relays, 7-segment
display, switches and their drivers/ interfacing circuits.
In addition the status of the relays and switches are displayed
with the help of lamps mounted on the panel.